Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hooked up ???

gosh... can't imagine life without internet. World Wide Web has changed my life.....my lappie is always on and am connected 24 x7 , 365 days ...well, tht's exaggeration ;)

've u ever thought how life would be without these networking sites .... myspace, facebook ,Twitter, orkut ???? yea ?

a day without online chatting ? well, thts all thts happening these days. Guess i need to get some immediate medical attention for this new disorder - internet addiction disorder. wat ye say ? by the way tell me do ye all spend too much time online ? and wat do ye think is the reason for this addiction ? i think it's social interactions thts makign it so addicting. i spend time with my friends exchanging information, support, and chit-chat . But then would we ever characterize any time spent in the real world with friends as "addicting?" Of course not. Don't we talk on the phone for hours on end, with people we see everyday ? Do we say they are addicted to the telephone? Of course not. People lose hours at a time, immersed in a book, ignoring friends and family, and often not even picking up the phone when it rings. Do we say they are addicted to the book? Of course not. So ...so ...guess there is no need to create all this hoopla about a new diagnosis.

By the time i sort out this problem, let sunday clear away the rust of the whole week. enjoy ur day :).

god bless !!!

3 comments:

reshmi said...

Gud Day Kavi..Well, i call it addiction if you spend all the day online, not knowing whats happening arnd you...and who all are beside you, not knowing your hunger, dnt wish to go out sinc eu wanna be connected.. If you alone and hav nothing to do and aftr ur normal work routines, its diff matter, you cannot call it an addiction. Since I am always connected to the net in office, I prefer being online fm work and at home, its a long and boring process for me..switch on, connect etc.And also, aftr working with comp, all day, I dnt even feel like looking at it while at home..:D

Unknown said...

Good thought kavi, but for me anything is an addiction if it becomes a habit that you cannot break, Be it talking to your friends in phone or reading or internet surfing/chatting.

When I’m at home I mostly don’t sit in front of the computer. 8 hrs of computer time in office is the limit for me. During my vacation time I hardly come online 2 or 3 times in a month just to check my mail not because I cannot but because I just don't want to...

I don't know if my rambling made any sense to you. In short, I think I’m not addicted to computer because I don’t show any withdrawal symptoms when I don’t go online … he he he…

Anonymous said...

hey sis,,,for teenagers lik us tis internet is the only way through whic we can stay in touch wit our buds!! an nt only tat u can find new gud buddies too...y say more...i found my biggst gem amng my treasure of friends through messengr only!!of course iam talkin bout u sis!!
so cheers to the net and hail yahoo messenger!!