Friday, February 26, 2010

The Customer is King !

How many times do u walk into ur local bakery in a week ? it's almost daily in my case as i 've a 6 yr old kid. But am also very much tempted by these cakes and stuff. Know many must b 'ving lota advise for me " Beware, if u eat too much ..u 'll get fat and ugly". Well thts not the topic for 2day. then wat ? Ok first tell me how you guys wud react if u get ripped off in a shop ? mosta of you may not go bak to tht shop again and even might tell everyone not to buy stuff frm there , rite ? Now here is my story....I am a regular customer of this particular Bakery. Numerous times i found checking the labels(of course @ home )tht they 've over charged me . yea...they robbed me everytime I did shopping there. do you think I have said anything? yes u r rite, being an aggressive one i just could not ignore. It is common for shopkeepers to double the prices of products out of sheer greed or general wishful thinking. The best way to deal with this sort of situation is to be equally unreasonable. Grabbing courage from colleagues and friends i visited the shop again just to bring him back to reality. At the expense of my vocal cords i started questioning the shopkeeper tht too when the shop was really crowded. I know its a bad way to go about things, but he demanded the situation. And even before i started conversing the shopkeeper was getting ready to pay me the excess money which he took from me on several visits, which makes things pretty clear. Finally i stepped out in high spirits (i hate being cheated !!!! ), ofcourse wid my wallet filled and didn't forget to warn him tht i will b bak again often to check if hez any better at maths ;-).Primary strategy of any business shud be never dare to make the customer unhappy.

On tht note ....."happy shopping " and don't hesitate to leave a comment .....thanks to all for pouring in comments for the previous post . Good Job Sang ...luv u !

5 comments:

Sangeeth said...

well even though u did a great thing, dont know whether its advisable in this age and times, to confront someone like tht...but yeah, how can we leave something like this alone??good one!!

Sang

Unknown said...

Concern well raised...You cant be silent for a long period....Once or twice is ok but not every time. Next time raise you concern at the first instance itself....After all "Customer is the king".

Kala said...

Bravooooo.......

Ap to 'RAJANI... serial.' ke yaad delarahehooooo

Jagooo bhai!! apne hak ke lea ladoo. Well done.

kavi is king.. Kavi is king....ops ...queen

Vimala said...

I would'nt have gone there again !

Rakesh said...

hei sis..its srt of as universal topic u had posted....tis happns to almst every people around the globe...the differnce is in the reaction of the people...many do not tend to react to it which to me is actually wrong...kudoos to you for havn handled the situation in the bst way....or ws it sangeeth ettan who had tis expereince?? gosh iam confusd now!!!:-)